will take place in Rotterdam, the Netherlands on 3-5 June 2019. The meeting is jointly organized by the department of Public Health at the Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam in the Netherlands and the Center for Global Health at the U.S. National Cancer Institute (NCI).
The theme of this year’s conference will be “Screening in Balance”, emphasizing the importance of continuously weighing the benefits and harms of cancer screening programs. The focus of the conference will be on collaborative research that fosters efficient and effective approaches to cancer control worldwide through organized approaches to population-based cancer screening.
Meeting topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Novel strategies in Screening
- Cancer screening in low and middle income countries
- Lung cancer screening
- Controversial issues in screening (e.g. treatment effects, false positives, and overtreatment)
- Impact of screening policies and strategies
- Individualized screening
- Communicating screening in balance (engaging patients and professionals)
- Reaching the hard-to-reach populations
The meeting will be open to cancer screening research across all cancer sites, for which population-based screening is being delivered, piloted or seriously considered.
Le registrazioni si chiudono il 24 maggio. Per maggiori informazioni consulta il sito: https://icsn2019.com/.